Left 4 Dead 2 with update supportUpdate
If you find this guide too difficult follow those easy steps:
1) Install L4D2
2) Download [[Please login to see this link.]]
3) Read the .nfo file inside for the rest instructions
4) Play and Enjoy
Follow carefully the steps:
1. You must have:
a) Steam (Download it from [[Please login to see this link.]]
b) CF Toolbox (Download it from [[Please login to see this link.]]
. Read the manual from http://cs.rin.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=49884
if you don't know how to use it)
c) A clean installation of L4D2 (Akella's, ThePirateGay's and Razor1911's releases are tested and will work)
d) The .ncf files (Download them from [[Please login to see this link.]]
and extract them to "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\")
e) The L4D2 Loader (Download it from [[Please login to see this link.]]
2. Close Steam if it's open. Open CF Toolbox (Remember to configure the Accounts and Folders on the Preferences tab). On the first tab you will see the .ncf files. Right click on them, select Correct and wait for the correction to be done.
3. Move and replace all the folders, "left4dead2.ico" and "steam_appid.txt" from L4D2 clean installation directory to "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2". After that go back to CF Toolbox and correct the files again.
4. If there is a new version of L4D2 the ncf files will say outdated. To update the "left 4 dead 2 common.ncf" file right click on it and select Download -> Resume until is 100% done. If you had any errors during updating, correct the "left 4 dead 2 common.ncf" file first and then make the update.
5. To update the "left 4 dead 2 client.ncf" file go to http://cs.rin.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=51211
and download the preferred patches for you. If for example CF Toolbox says that "left 4 dead 2 client.ncf" is version 1 then must download "Left 4 Dead 2 Client 1 -> 2 Update", "Left 4 Dead 2 Client 2 -> 4 Update" and so on. To apply the update right click on "left 4 dead 2 client.ncf" file, select Patches -> Apply update and open the patch.
6. Extract the L4D2 Loader to the "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2" folder. Then edit the "stryder.ini" file and replace "Stryder" with the name you want in-game.
7. Finally, run the "left4dead2.exe" file to play. Remember to keep Steam closed while playing L4D2.
8. When a new L4D2 version is out just do the Steps 4 and 5.
9. If you want to play on Garena, you just join a room, open settings, on the executable you put the path of "left4dead2.exe" file.
Below on the bootstrap you put:
+sv_lan 1 +sv_allow_lobby_connect_only 0
If you had any problems please report here with a reply.